I will wager that you have never had a dish like this, so I invite you to explore another dimension. Here we have beef, pork, lamb and chicken bones in house stock, topped with portobello and Crimini pieces sautéed in EVOO and garlic. Simply exquisite, frightfully healthy, and quick on a winter night. I paired it with an ale. Continue reading “Paleo Sup to Warm Your Bones”
Fall mornings’ long shadows and nippy temperatures call for oatmeal, but not in my kitchen! However, I have discovered the secret of creating the experience of a non-paleo dish with paleo ingredients, so read one to learn how to make this “breakfast of champions”—in about ten minutes! Continue reading “Paleo Oatmeal”
When you’re facing the forever-seeming dank days of winter, replete with on again, off again snow and rain that are ever-chaperoned by gray clouds, this meatball and sausage platter is just the tonic; its deep luscious sauce invites pairing with a robust red, bistro music and low lights.
Sautéed beef meatballs and pork sausage are the foundation of this deep red sauce replete with Mediterranean and Asian spices: fenugreek, cumin, basil, turmeric, garlic, and tomato. The broiled vegetables add a delightful crunchy-chewy texture as well as their distinctive flavors. Enjoy! Continue reading “Free-Range Beef and Sausage Platter with Broiled Eggplant and Zucchini”
After pedaling around my quartier (neighborhood) for a meeting in teens temperatures, I thumbed my nose at winter with this. I highly recommend perverse behavior, it’s good for the soul (at least mine ;^).
- Thin onion crescents, oregano, marjoram, thyme, red wine vinegar in large mixing bowl.
- Sauté Italian sausage sliced 1/8″ on low fire, covered if frozen, turn after 10 min, remove to bowl.
- Chunk tomato, slice carrot and green zucchini. When sausage is done and removed from pan, kill fire and add tomato, deglazing sauté pan.
- Add carrot and zucchini to bowl and ample EVOO and sea salt (Mediterranean, of course!) scrape sauté pan with wooden spatula and add tomato to bowl.
- Chop feta, add to bowl, add olives to bowl.
- Chop green cabbage, add to bowl, and mix with spatula. Correct vinaigrette for balance.
- Optional. Add spicy giardiniera to bowl and mix.
- Plate and top with sardines.
- Stupendous with dry white or medium unoaked red. I paired with house Shiraz and my Chanson playlist, which were delightful.