Imagine a pungent vinaigrette of ginger root, garlic, and basil marinated in rice wine vinegar for an hour before completing with organic extra virgin olive oil and sea salt. That awakens your whole body in delightful ways. This is a simple, delicious, refreshing salad that’s so healthy it’s almost medicinal. Continue reading “Paleo Asian Cole Slaw (Vegetarian)”
This sweet, sour, savory, creamy, crunchy salad will get your senses dancing and put a spring into your step!
Imagine… creamy avocado chunks, crunchy green cabbage, and sweet pineapple in a this jazz septet vinaigrette: ginger, basil, turmeric, apple cider vinegar, soy sauce, honey, and evoo (extra virgin olive oil).
This Asian-inspired salad is also extremely healthy and even frugal (costs about 60¢ if you score avocados on sale as I often do, i.e. 49¢ a piece). In addition, it has no animal ingredients if that is important to you (I love meat, but I oft eat vegetarian).
Read on for how to make it in about seven minutes. You can easily have it as an entire meal, or it works well before or after your main course. Continue reading “Avocado Pineapple Cabbage Salad in Ginger Basil Turmeric Vinaigrette”
Did you know that eggs are very hard-working? I don’t eat many eggs, as they are very inflammatory, but I really appreciate them when I do. Here, I’ll show how one egg enabled me to make three sumptuous treats, very easily and quickly: mayonnaise, macaroons crowned in dark chocolate, and a luscious creamy dill salad dressing. And I designed this process to be ultra-efficient and easy. Please tell me how I did! Continue reading “The Wonder of an Egg [Mayonnaise Macaroon Creamy Dill]”
After pedaling around my quartier (neighborhood) for a meeting in teens temperatures, I thumbed my nose at winter with this. I highly recommend perverse behavior, it’s good for the soul (at least mine ;^).
- Thin onion crescents, oregano, marjoram, thyme, red wine vinegar in large mixing bowl.
- Sauté Italian sausage sliced 1/8″ on low fire, covered if frozen, turn after 10 min, remove to bowl.
- Chunk tomato, slice carrot and green zucchini. When sausage is done and removed from pan, kill fire and add tomato, deglazing sauté pan.
- Add carrot and zucchini to bowl and ample EVOO and sea salt (Mediterranean, of course!) scrape sauté pan with wooden spatula and add tomato to bowl.
- Chop feta, add to bowl, add olives to bowl.
- Chop green cabbage, add to bowl, and mix with spatula. Correct vinaigrette for balance.
- Optional. Add spicy giardiniera to bowl and mix.
- Plate and top with sardines.
- Stupendous with dry white or medium unoaked red. I paired with house Shiraz and my Chanson playlist, which were delightful.
This is a very versatile winter salad that can precede or follow your main course. It has a sweet-sour flavor, and creamy, chewy, and crunchy textures as well as some delightful colors.