When the supply of food, entertainment, and experiences is infinite, how do we manage our impulses and our experience of “satisfaction?”
One of the most profound and useful concepts I learned in business school has been very helpful to me in creating joy from experiencing everyday life, and I think it will help you, too, so I am sharing it here. Continue reading “An Unusual Tool for Managing Plenty”
I have recently discovered an incredibly pleasing food hack that addresses the negative hit that working from home has had on my health, and I know many people have found the same thing: since we work from home, we move less, and it’s no fun trying to restrict food long-term. So I recently discovered a simple hack that rebalances my food and activity.
I love this hack because it’s healthy, frugal, and it saves time, too! I’ve tested it for a couple weeks now, and it works great for me. Here’s how it works… Continue reading “Triple Frugal Paleo Food Hack”
To survive, all of us eat plants and animals that used to be alive. Although few of us kill plants or animals before we eat them anymore, what we eat was killed by someone acting on our behalf, so here is a philosophical meander about that. Come along, and let’s see what we discover. Continue reading “On Eating and Spirituality”
The 2020 coronavirus scare has millions of people working from (and living at) home who have not done it before, so it’s a big adjustment. As I have been contracting off and on for decades, I’ll share some of my biggest hacks for increasing joy, productivity, and health. I’d love to hear your hacks, too!
I’m not listing these in any particular order, so, popcorn. Enjoy! Continue reading “My Favorite Work From Home Hacks”
The Impact of the USA’s Pluto Return: Snapshot
Do you feel a deep sense that our world is in some kind of cosmic quicksand? That our whole way of life seems to be slipping away or sinking down out of sight? That our institutions seem too inept or self-involved to do anything about it?
Most citizens of the USA feel a pervasive, profound sense of confusion, frustration, and fear at a rare level. We have a deadly and mysterious virus that impacts people very differently. We have a politics that, regardless of one’s affiliation, is uniformly ugly and getting uglier. We have deepening economic calamity with no end in sight. Above all, we have uncertainty.
The United States of America is nearing its first Pluto return, and this post will reveal its effects on the country and its citizens. I will also assert that this Pluto return is a global phenomenon because it is simultaneously the Pluto return of the Industrial Economy as well, so all countries and peoples are affected. Here are some highlights:
- How the USA’s 2020 general election has a much larger importance than its seems—and why who “wins” will have little significance.
- Why President Trump serves as a catalyst for profound change in the USA.
- Why many of these same dynamics will play out in all industrial economies, regardless of their politics.
- How the consumerist economy’s glorification of material things will lose importance.
- What is the spiritual meaning of the uncertainty, fear, and anger that many people feel.
- Why Health “care” will (finally) change radically, involuntarily, into a less capitalistic system.
- How we feed ourselves will become drastically slimmed down and more nourishing.
- Why the power-obsessed political system and government structures will be transformed beyond recognition.
How we’re at a turning point: what happens will depend on how we take responsibility for ourselves individually and collectively.
Continue reading “Behind the Scenes of Crisis in USA: Its First Pluto Return”