This has been one of those weeks in which I have been blessed with insights from the ether, so I invite you to join me on this short Neptunian wander through life and death. Some of these insights are so contrary to conventional thinking that they surprise me and may unlock some insights for you, too. Let’s go… Continue reading “Life and Death”
New choices about how we experience hard times
Tonight I am thinking of a friend who is beset by a cocktail of challenging planetary energies that are manifesting in life-defining pressures. His struggle reminds me of some of mine and how I have learned how to dance with these energies more gracefully over the years. Here I will share some of my learnings that I am still learning. Read on for how you can transform your experience with “bad times,” “the blues,” “deep shit”; they have many aliases. Continue reading “Hard Times”
The only price of admission is curiosity with a twist of courage…
In this age of corona viruses, be they novel or just plain boring, modern healthcare piles on the drugs and immunizations, using science to thwart the bugs. Due to strong Uranian and Neptunian energies in my chart, I have been drawn to the unorthodox, and one of my biggest health hacks is the subject of our post today. This hack is free, always available, applicable to a wide range of maladies, and hidden in plain view. I invite you to join me back stage to delve into it, but to do so, you have to face a cultural taboo. I also touch on related lifestyle practices that seem to help my body to thrive despite its advancing age. Continue reading “The Powerful Medicine You Have Hidden Between Your Legs”
This month is about swimming in subtlety, enjoying or ruing surprise, and a strong social vibe. Here’s your guide to enjoying the waves while avoiding the undertoe
Astro Weather Snapshot
Are you into social change, unusual surprises, and constant change? This Pisces New Moon will have you swimming in subtlety among eddies of opportunity for social organizations, business, and relationships. Astro Weather will show you how to avoid dangerous whirlpools, too.
- Above all, this is the month to let your intuition guide you. Life will be full of subtlety. People will unknowingly make decisions with their intuition, and you may be surprised at how easily they change their minds (including you!).
- People who like to live according to logic and predictable outcomes will be frustrated unless they learn to be open to change and social awareness. If your projects are buffeted by disruptive ideas, avoid the trap of pushing back in principle. The energy this month is against resistance. Consider the disruption, whether new information, changing priorities, or other. Work with the people who present the disruption. This can lead to opportunity where you least expect it.
- In business, social aspects come into view. People tend to be unusually sensitive to underserved people, territories, or segments, and opportunity may come from these areas.
- If you’re looking for romance, the Piscean vibe holds true. Be ready to entertain unusual circumstances and changeable people. Romance and business relationships tend to happen unpredictably, so be aware and open. Let your intuition guide you.
- If you’re a person who likes to “push for the close” and insist on commitments, curb that desire because it will alienate people this month; they will just swim away. This is another of this month’s dangerous eddies.
Read on for your navigator’s guide to this mysterious yet wondrous sea…
Goals are about destinations, not journeys.
Today I am reflecting on my motivation for “working out” and being active, and I suspect that these reflections may help you rethink how you relate to your body as they have me, so here we go.
Here’s some context: since entering “middle age” several years ago, I have had many conversations and other interactions having to do with people’s motivations and attitudes toward their bodies, and many of these emerged during ethnographic research engagements in which I studied people online. Most of the stereotypes and ideas I encountered are not useful to me because they miss the whole point of what the body is, what its significance is. So let’s follow this and see where it leads. Continue reading “On Physicality and Aging”
Corona virus has tilted the game in travel in general, and to make matters even more interesting, every business/institution has its own approach, which makes travel more unpredictable, and creative when you are willing to approach it that way. Yes, there is consistency with federal and state laws, but there are myriad little variations that may affect you quite poignantly, depending on what’s important to you. Here is a glimpse of my current experience, along with some hacks to fill in gaps. Continue reading “Breakfast Frugal Food Hacking on the Road”